Ein Llinell Cwsmeriaid
01633 620 111

12th Feb 2018

Did you claim Universal Credit before 12 July 2017? Don’t run the risk of getting your benefit stopped!

Some single people who made a benefit claim before that date were made to claim “LIVE Service Universal Credit”.

You may be given a letter in person by your work coach at the Job Centre, receive a call from the DWP Service Centre (this may be a withheld number) or simply get a letter through the post.

It is vital that you don’t ignore the letter or the phone call and make a claim for “FULL Service Universal Credit” within two weeks of receiving it. If you don’t do this your benefit may be stopped and your current claim cancelled.

To make a claim for Full Service Universal Credit you will need to visit https://www.universal-credit.service.gov.uk which will be followed by making an appointment to visit the Job Centre.

For advice on your claim you can speak to the DWP’s Universal Credit team by calling 0800 328 7844 or alternatively visit the Job Centre and speak to your work coach.

If you receive one of these letters from the DWP or have a change in circumstances then contact Bron Afon to see how we can help.

There is a lot support available to people who need help making a claim for Universal Credit at venues across Torfaen.